6.04.2019

Pregnancy Update - 1st & 2nd Trimesters

Hello lovelies!

It's so hard to believe that I am almost at 6 months! The time has flown by. I have been bad at blogging lately this is going to be a 2 in 1 post for my 1st and 2nd trimester.



How Far Along:

25 weeks

Our Due Date:

July 12th, 2019

1st Trimester Recap:
I almost feel guilty posting this because I know so many women that have some terrible symptoms, but I have to say that I have had the easiest pregnancy anyone could ask for. I feel incredibly blessed. During the first 2 months or so I was soooo tired. I could sleep a whole 9 hours and still take a 2 hour nap. Other than that I didn't have any issues. I had zero morning sickness and zero nausea, but I did have other symptoms.

Symptoms:
- Wonderful Sleep!! I slept so hard and had the most vivid dreams it was incredible.
- Breast growth... holy moly! If any of you ladies were already well endowed prepare to feel like you're carrying cannon balls strapped to your chest. I had to buy new bras within the first 3 months and it hasn't stopped.
- Hunger pangs! I was constantly hungry, especially at night. My stomach would growl even a few hours after dinner.
- Kinda cravings? This one was weird. I never craved specific things, but I was influenced easily. If someone walked by with food or I saw it on TV, I had to have it! Other than that I ate normal.
- Food aversions... the thought of most vegetables grossed me out. Haha!



2nd Trimester Recap:
So I am coming near the end of my 2nd trimester now and this has been where I have actually felt pregnant. I popped right around 23-24 weeks, up until then I was hardly showing and one day I just had a belly. I have still been feeling great and working out, I will include a post about that later. The symptoms have increased, but nothing severe.

Symptoms:
- RESTLESS LEG SYNDROME - by far the worst symptom of all!! I didn't even believe it was a real thing until it happened. Flying on a plane was one of the worst feelings of all, for hours I felt like I had to move or twitch and the sensation would not go away.
- Emotional... overall I have not been very emotional, but there are days when it hits me out of no where. I will tear up easily at simple things, but no irritability yet.
- Out of breath... I'll walk into the grocery store and be huffing and puffing like I ran a mile.
- Hair growth! I almost forgot this one. My hair and nails seemed to almost completely stop growing when I got pregnant. I didn't notice it until about month 4, but I started taking some vitamins for it which I will link later.
- Restroom stop... of course there is always the infamous frequent trips to the restroom.

Movement:
I can finally feel her kick! It took awhile and I was not one of those people that felt "flutters" early on. It wasn't until about week 23 that I could really feel her move. Other people can finally feel her on the outside as well. I am so excited to see Will eventually and have him feel her.

Weight Gain:
17 lbs. It's tough to stand on the scale and gradually see your weight go up even though you know it's going to. I am trying to focus less on the weight gain and more on being healthy though. I am still within my limits of a healthy range so lets hope that doesn't change.

Fitness:
I have been consistently working out for the majority of my pregnancy so far. I will create a whole post for pregnancy fitness and products I recommend soon.

Thanks for reading!

Lots of Love,

Melissa


2 comments: