3.12.2014

Travel post from the past - Israel

When I was a senior in high school I was lucky enough to accompany my Nana on one of her church trips to Israel. And before time slips away and I can't remember anything I thought I would share a few pictures and memories from the trip. I've been slacking on updating my travel posts lately.

When I look back to all the places I've been this is still one of my favorites. I would love to go back in the future and explore more on my own. It's truly a beautiful country with so much rich history.


           

I included these 2 pictures because this was the most interesting part of the whole trip. We were taking a day trip to Mt. Tabor in lower Galilee. I kid you not when I say this it was the most frightening and exciting road trip ever. The picture above is a google earth image I found on google and that is the (mainly) dirt road we had to travel up in this little bus. It was raining and foggy and there were no guard rails on the road. His son just sat thee on the end of his seat and watched us. Everyone on the bus was cringing and I couldn't help but laugh. It would've been an interesting way to go, that's for sure!



Massada is a lofty plateau in the spectacular desert setting overlooking the Dead Sea. It is a palace-fortress Herod the Great built to last forever, a refuge for Jewish rebels in the century of Jesus, and later for Christian monks, and a World Heritage Site today.


The Dead Sea

My favorite place. It was a darling small town that we stopped to eat lunch in and I found this ice cream shop. There was also a hammock hanging outside that you can't see in this photo. :)

Jerusalem. The main iconic Dome of the Rock is to the left of this photo.


Just another beautiful and unique country. I feel blessed to have had the opportunity to go there.

Have a wonderful day!
- M


UPDATE:

I'm starting a "Nutritious and Delicious" portion of my blog. It's going to have an array of healthy and sinful sweet recipes soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment